Small Landlord Revolving Loan Fund
What Is It?
The Small Landlord Revolving Loan Fund (SLRLF) will be used to help fund the conversion and/or preservation of existing affordable rental housing in Cumberland County by providing low interest loan rates to landlords with a need to renovate 10 or fewer affordable housing units.
The program requires a $100 application fee. Checks may be made payable to the Redevelopment Authority of the County of Cumberland.
Landlords may renovate up to 10 units, up to $20,000 per unit. The total project loan may not exceed $100,000. The interest rate for SLRLF loans is 2%. Deed restriction or restrictive covenant for the life of the loan will apply even if principle is paid early. The Borrower must not have any outstanding city, school, or county real estate taxes. Loan preparation fees and recording fees are the responsibility of the borrower.
|Loan Amount||Loan Term|
|$1,000 – $50,000||Maximum loan term is 10 years|
|$50,001 – $100,000||Maximum loan term is 15 years|
Participating landlords must agree to rent said renovated units to either a Housing Choice Voucher holder or to households earning 80% or less of Cumberland County’s Area Median Income (AMI).
|Household Size||30% AMI||50% AMI||80% AMI|
- Property owned by applicant
- Property now currently owned by applicant, but option agreement in place for purchase within 90 days
- Property located within Cumberland County
- Owns 10 units or less
- Currently participating or will participate in Housing Choice Voucher Program
- Not currently participating in Housing Choice Voucher Program, but renting to households at or below 80% AMI
- Has recently failed Housing Quality Standards Report
Note: All documents listed must be received for application to be considered.
- Previous two years of IRS Tax Returns – Include form 1040 Schedule E showing rental income
- Photos of Project
- Proof of Homeowner’s Insurance Policy
- Current Lease of Occupancy (if applicable)
- Copy of Housing Quality Standards Report (if applicable)
- Property Tax Receipts for application year
- Construction Bid(s) – total not exceeding per unit/project max
- List of all properties owned in Cumberland County with number of units in each