Please note that this program is currently closed and we are not accepting applications at this time.
What Is It?
The Emergency Repair Loan Program can provide up to $10,000 in assistance to Cumberland County homeowners in need of emergency repairs to their home through an interest-free deferred loan.
Emergency repairs include:
- Roof or furnace repairs
- Plumbing or wiring emergencies
- Foundation stabilization
Other repairs not listed may also be eligible.
How Does It Work?
The assistance is in the form of an interest-free deferred loan, and a mortgage is recorded as alien against the property. If the emergency repairs cannot be completed with the $10,000 maximum deferred loan amount, the homeowner is required to provide the additional funds to complete the job. If the homeowner cannot provide the additional funds, no loan will be given. An application process must be completed before loan approval is given. This must occur prior to work being done.
To be eligible for the emergency repair deferred loan:
- The loan applicant must be able to pay any funds needed above the max loan amount to complete the repairs.
- The owner of the property must be a resident of the property.
- Mobile homes are permissible if the resident owns the land on which the mobile home is placed.
- The homeowner must be current on all property taxes and municipal utilities, and homeowner’s insurance must be in place.
- Income eligibility is determined by total household size and total household income.