What Is It?
This program pays for home repairs, focusing on those to correct code deficiencies, in residences of qualified homeowners. Funding has been provided to help property owners in the Carlisle Borough and Cumberland County to maintain their homes through the Housing Rehabilitation Program. This program pays for home repairs, focusing on those to correct code deficiencies, in residences of qualified homeowners.
Eligible items include but are not limited to:
- Updating electrical wiring
- Updating heating systems
- Roof repair or replacement
- Siding doors
- Interior and exterior painting
- Foundation repairs
How Does It Work?
Assistance is in the form of an interest-free deferred loan, and a mortgage is recorded as a lien against the property. A maximum of $20,000 in assistance can be provided per eligible home within Carlisle Borough and $22,000 in Cumberland County.
If the home cannot be brought up to code with the maximum deferred loan, the homeowner is required to provide the additional funds needed to complete the job. If the homeowner cannot provide the additional funds, no loan will be given. An application process must be completed before a loan approval is given. Mobile homes are permissible as long as the applicant owns the property on which the mobile home resides.
To be eligible for the program, the owner of the property must:
- Be able to pay any funds needed beyond the max loan amount to complete the work.
- Have resided on the property for at least the last six months.
- Be current on all property taxes and municipal utilities.
- Possess and provide proof of homeowners insurance.
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE||80% AREA MEDIAN INCOME|